Here are a few more resources that will help you dig deeper into your spiritual life. As always, click on the links to find these books and videos on Amazon.
1. Commentaries can be a great way to dig a little deeper into the study of a particular book of the bible. One of my favorite commentary writers is a man named John Stott. I would suggest his work on the book of Romans.
I have also frequently used the Everyman’s Bible Commentary, which is a collection of authors. They are very simple and give great detail. Plus they are cheap!
2. Want to know and understand what the major beliefs of other religions and world-views are? The Univse Next Door, by James W. Sire, does a great job at exploring many different worldviews.
3. Real Sex, by Lauren F. Winner, is a great read on why chastity is important and biblical. This book is appropriate for older teenagers and provides a great biblical argument for saving sex until marriage.
4. Rob Bell’s video, Matthew, is a great conversation starter to speak to people about death and grieving. I would suggest it for anyone who is grieving the death of someone they love.
5. A Love Supreme by John Coltrane. Okay I know it’s not biblical, but this might be one of the greatest jazz albums ever.